Sunday, May 12, 2013

[Zei the MOM] Mother's Day 2013 roundup

Today is a special day for Filipinos, more than any other race, I think. It's Mother's Day and being the highly matriarchal society we are, today is also known as the day malls are filled to the brim and restaurant waiting lines will test your patience. And because it's a happy occasion and it's also my day, here's just a round up of  my 2013 Mother's Day weekend.

Like I said, I knew the malls would be crazy on the real day, I decided to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom a day earlier. I surprised her with a breakfast at this quaint and lovely restaurant in Marikina called Rustic Mornings. I think my surprise went well cause it made my mom cry very happy and grateful tears. Here are a few photos from our advanced Mother's Day breakfast.


Bouquet of white spider flowers with baby's breath and giant card for motherdear

My mom <3 td="">

Zia appreciating the homey ambiance of Rustic Mornings

With my parents
 My Mother's Day surprise for my mom was a big check. :)

Though for some, Mother's Day may not be a legit occasion, my family thinks otherwise. :) Just check out what I got for Mother's Day. I guess they think I'm doing something right as a mom to our sweetheart Zia judging from what I got. :) I got a tablet and the biggest bouquet of sunflowers I've ever seen. :) Totally love it. :)
Pretty sunflowers from the husband and Samsung Tab from the parents

 And because I feel in my heart of hearts that I deserve to reward myself today too, I shopped. :) Not the usual spree in Forever 21 or hoarding in Payless, but the happier type of shopping in my alternate world, home stores like Dimensione and Mandaue Foam. :)

White Hi-gloss bedside table from Mandaue Foam

Accent pillows also from Mandaue Foam
Shopping and gifts aside though, today is a very special day because of the best gift I've ever received in my life - and that's our daughter Zia. My first Mother's Day with her was in 2011 when she was just in the utero - little did I know then how wonderful (really) and rewarding motherhood is. Now, on my 3rd Mother's Day, I know life will just keep getting happier because of our daughter. And if there's only one role in my life I'd ever want to really succeed in, that would be being Zia's mom. :) Funny how I never liked having a kid when I was younger (thought I'd grow up an old maid) and now that I'm a mom to this darling daughter, I actually can't imagine my life without her. :)


Today, before I sleep, I thank the Lord for making me Zia's mom and of course, I also want to thank my husband whom I love very much, who gave me the greatest blessing in our life - our daughter.

To all moms, you are all wonderful and I feel so lucky to be one of you. Happy happy Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment