Sunday, July 17, 2011

About a tree

I know it isn't the ber-months yet, but my post is in fact going to be about a tree. Here's the thing, my mom bought us (Rich & I) our first Christmas tree, for our first Christmas as a married couple. It's a beautiful white tree made out of real branches. It was very pretty, especially with all the lights we put up. The tree wasn't the kind that you could disassemble so after the holidays we decided to move it outside. Months passed and the tree has been on a standstill. Anyway, to cut to the chase, just recently, before a get together with friends at our home, I decided to dispose of the tree because the middle part has been rusting badly. It wasn't actually thrown because one of the garbage collectors said he'll use it as their Christmas tree. Apparently, I didn't think of asking my mom first. A bad case of misjudgment on my end. I forgot that it was a gift from my mom. So here I am publicly apologizing to my mom through my post. I just want to say that I'm sorry mom and I've always been grateful for everything you've given me (and Rich). I want you to know that even if the tree you gave us isn't physically present, we're always thankful. Plus, we have photos with our beautiful first Christmas tree and every time we share the photos, we have a story to tell about the tree in the background.




We will say that it was a lovely gift from a very thoughtful mom who made sure that our first Christmas would be as lovely as can be. We will tell Zia when she understands Christmas that for our 1st Christmas we had a different tree, it was very pretty and that it was given by her grandma. I know the apology always comes after the wrong doing, but I hope this somehow shows you that I'm really sorry about my mistake and I appreciate all the sentimental value you put into everything. Sorry mom.

Love,
Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment