Friday, November 4, 2011

My life's current irony

In exactly 12 calendar days, my maternity leave will end and I'll be going back to work. I thought 3 months with your baby full time is long enough but I was clearly wrong. At the moment, I am savoring every waking moment, every nursing time, playtime, diaper change, bath time and all other stuff with my daughter because I will surely miss everything once I'm back at work.



I've been psyching myself up as early as now because I know that the transition will be hard, but there's definitely no stopping it. So allow me to share my life's current irony -- the reason why I don't want to go back to work (yet) is also the reason why I need to go back, yup Zia's the reason. It's funny really. I want so much for our little girl, but in order to give her all those needs and comforts in life, I have to painfully leave her at home. But I guess that's really real life. I am comforted by the fact that so many first time moms before me have been where I am and done it and they managed just fine.



I know it's gonna be hard, but just looking at our baby girl gives me the motivation I need to work well and work hard. As in all life events, it's the perspective that makes the difference. And my perspective now revolves around Zia and my family and doing what's best for us.



So if you're a first time mom just like me and you're about to go back to work, lighten up and just think -- after work hours won't be just for sleeping or being a couch potato anymore - it's gonna be a whole new lovely routine -- saying hi to your baby and exchanging stories of how both your days have been (even if it's just cooing or smiling from the little one) while nurturing your little girl/boy after a day at the office. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment