Sunday, March 25, 2012

[Zei on Career & Passion] I'm every woman

Before Women's month ends, I take it as my responsibility to write about being a woman. I've always liked being a girl and now that I'm a wife and a mom, I find it even more fascinating and challenging. Growing up, I've admired many women - because of their passion, love, faith, talent, wisdom, beauty, grace, style and so much more.


My long list includes Women in my life - my mom, grandmothers, aunts; Authors - JK Rowling, Lauren Weisberger; Hollywood celebrities - Sarah Jessica Parker, Victoria Beckham, Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston; Women in a class of their own - Oprah and Mother Teresa; Music Icons - Janet Jackson and Vanessa Mae; Fictional Characters - Carrie Bradshaw and Dr. Addison Montgomery; Athletes - Kim Yuna; Designers - Monique Luhillier and Veluz Reyes; Kitchen Muses - Ina Garten and Giada di Laurentis and of course, Filipinas - Lea Salonga and Daphne Osena-Paez. It's quite an exhaustive list but I'm pretty sure I still left out a couple.


Just last week, because of one sleepless night, I added yet another amazing woman to my list while watching 'The Blind Side' - yep, I wanna be like Leigh Anne Tuohy. Why? Simple, she lives the good life, but she gave back without being asked and just out of the kindness of her heart -she took in a stranger - a kid she didn't know anything about and showed compassion to as if he was her own. She could've been just like any other well-off mom, wining, shopping and dining and raising her own flesh and blood, but she decided to take another route, the route that changed a life for the better (even if it was just for one youth with an unfortunate background). She's got everything and even more, a lovely house, a lovely family, she was even her daughter's cheer leading coach, a doting and hands-on mom, a loving wife, a designer. She's a multitasker and she looks good while doing everything.


Someday I want to be like her, never mind the being rich part. Just like her I want to be a great mom to my kid, have a husband who adores me even after we've been married for awhile and have enough heart and courage to be able to change a life.


How about you, who are the women you admire? Now's the perfect time to share it since it's Women's month, and what better way to describe a woman than by her heart and her passion.


Happy Women's Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment