Monday, June 27, 2011

My renewed 'Pondo ng Pinoy' participation

"Anumang magaling kahit maliit, basta't malimit ay patungong langit"


This is a fitting tag line for the 'Pondo ng Pinoy' project of the Catholic Church. The idea -- give/set aside 25 cents a day to give to the pondo, which is used for various feeding/educational/livelihood projects for the Filipino people. The 4th Sunday of every month is Pondo ng Pinoy Sunday where you can remit/give your collection for the whole month. Neat!


During yesterday's mass, Fr. Jose Yu, chaplain of the Chapel of the Eucharistic Lord (in Megamall) reminded me that giving back to the Lord could be done through simple acts such as the Pondo ng Pinoy project and I didn't need any more convincing. I used to give (not regularly) with the urging of my mom and now I've decided to do it on my own. So today, I start my commitment to sharing, shared love and to the Filipino people with an empty plastic bottle on hand and my 25 centavos for the day. Why don't you start your own Pondo ng Pinoy too? =) It's just a little thing, but when done everyday, it will definitely go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment