Monday, December 12, 2011

I never thought I'd say this...




I never thought I'd say this... not at 27, but can I please please be a stay-at-home mom? Maybe just for awhile. I realized this maybe a week after returning to work. Fast much? Why didn't I think I'd ever say it or want it this much...? Well, I grew up with a lot of strong-willed and very independent women and I've always pictured myself as thriving in the corporate world. But now, almost 4 months into motherhood and more than 5 years of toiling in the workplace, my world has changed, my perspective, with it.



I want to be a stay-at-home mom (I could do freelance writing if needed). I won't waste the privilege, if I were given the chance. I promise. I'll do a good job taking care of Zia. That's more than enough fulfillment I need as a woman. It's a 24/7 job, but it's the epitome of labor of love.



To my mom, one of the strong-willed women in my life, thank you for choosing to leave your budding teaching career to take good care of kuya and I. I will be forever grateful. I know when I was little, I was very vocal about how I wanted to be a career woman and not a housewife, now, I'm taking it back. A housewife and stay-at-home mom sounds more than enough for me. For now, this is my wish. I hope for some reason the cosmos agree with our family and it would be more than okay for me to get my wish and stay with Zia and be the best wife, homemaker and mom the modern world has ever seen. =)




2 comments:

  1. Hi Zei,
    I wish that this beautiful wish of yours will come true soon :) Ako naman we're baligtad ,eversince I started dreaming about the day na I'll get married, it has always been my dream to be a housewife and a stay home Mom.
    Take care of your kids, cook delish dishes for the family, do grocery + home shopping, bring the kids to school or ballet class or football class, etc. Basta be the best Mom and homemaker. I understand how you feel also :)
    Who knows magka totoo anytime soon right? :)
    And if it does, I'm pretty sure you'll be an awesome SUPERWONDERMOM. :)

    - Krystle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks krystle. Haha. I'm a bunch of mixed feelings right now talaga. Hopefully sometime soon I'd get the chance to be a stay-at-home mom, kahit for awhile lang. Anyway, hope everything's going smoothly with the pregnancy, 2nd trimester na? =) TC!

    ReplyDelete