Saturday, May 12, 2012

[Zei the MOM] My Mother's Day Promise


Just a few days ago, an old video cropped up on Facebook, it was that of a woman purposely beating a baby. I didn’t even play the video and I felt my heart breaking already just by seeing the still shot. Yahoo news reported it since it gained around 16,000 recent views and reassured those who viewed it that the incident happened last year in Malaysia and the crazy woman was given an 18-month sentence. Although I don’t think 18 months is punishment enough, I’m pretty sure the baby is in safe hands and definitely not with the mother.

If I had seen this back when I was single I would’ve shed a couple of tears, but now that I’m a mom to such a darling baby girl, it hits home and I feel anger – anger that there are mothers who can hurt their child that much. I know it’s harsh to say this, but I don’t think mothers who physically abuse their children deserve to be called mothers.

So for this mother’s day, I promise to give Zia nothing but love. I promise not to hurt her and I promise to protect her from any harm as much as I possibly can.

Here’s praying for all mothers on mother’s day, to realize that we’ve all been given the greatest blessing in the form of our children.

Happy Mother’s Day to all my fellow moms! Happy Mother’s Day to the best moms in my world – my very own mom and my mother-in-law!  

No comments:

Post a Comment