Saturday, July 21, 2012

[Zei the MOM] Time REALLY flies

The crazy weather made me change my Saturday plans. I was supposed to take a trip to Divisoria to buy some stuff for Zia's 1st birthday, but decided not to push through for my fear of being soaked and stranded. And since today is also Zia's 11th month, it's just right that I'm home to be with the darling daughter (and husband) the whole day - so this also explains why I found extra time to write this post while the two of them are fast asleep. 

Today is Zia's last monthly birthday, so please allow me to be a bit sentimental and nostalgic...

As the cliche goes... it seems like only yesterday when we first brought our baby girl home. Today, more than ever I realized how time flies so fast. The funny thing is, I realized it when I was rummaging through Zia's unworn clothes. I've been shopping for her even before she was born and when she was about 3-4 months old I kept buying stuff that were for 12-18 months or bigger thinking that she'll use it when she's 'older' - those days too felt like they  were only yesterday. As of this writing though, at 11 months, Zia is already wearing those clothes I bought before and one-by-one, the clothes I've stored for the 'future' are finding their way out of the storage bin because my little one can now wear them. So yes, my little baby is growing so fast. I used to be so paranoid about cradling her because she was so tiny, and now I can barely last an hour carrying her because she's become quite big for her petite mom. *sheepish*

From this tiny baby (she weighed less than 6 lbs when she was born


To this sweetheart who's fast getting big for mommy (she weighs 20 lbs already)
I guess I just want to share this to tell all new moms and moms to be, to savor every second with your baby, from the utero to day 0 in the outside world, it'll fly so fast. :) I guess that's the reality, time flies and babies grow up so fast. 

To my darling Zia, I want you to know that even if you'll soon be (really) too big for me to cradle or carry, I want you to know that you'll forever be my (little) baby girl. Happy 11th month sweetie! Mommy loves you so much! :) And Though we won't celebrate your monthly birthday anymore because you'll be turning 1 next month, I'll always make sure that your everydays will be worth celebrating. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment