Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fave books from my childhood

I've always loved reading as a kid. I still remember how I'd always get a new book from mom after PTC (Parent Teacher Conference) back in 2nd grade with the condition that my grades were high - an O or O* (outsanding) for that matter. And I'd always love it when we went to our neighborhood National Bookstore to get my reward. I just wish that the books from my childhood would still be available in stores so I could share them with our kid and maybe make her love reading as much as I did (my whole Sweet Valley Kids collection and other books for that matter were taken by Ondoy). Here are just some of my childhood book favorites. :) Thanks mom for indulging my early interest in reading. Sadly I don't read as much now, but it still has a special place in my heart that's just waiting to be tapped.



My first ever Sweet Valley Kids book - Numbers 1-4 weren't available that time so I went straight to #5




I borrowed this book from our grade school library for more than 5 times


Don't worry, Little Witch is apparently a good little witch =)

If anyone knows where I could still get them locally, please let me know. So, do you have your own early memories of your favorite books?

1 comment:

  1. I still have a bookcase of the Sweet Valley Twins and Sweet Valley High books. :-)

    ReplyDelete