Thursday, October 13, 2011

Milky Way

I have been breastfeeding our baby since the day she was born and now that I have past the drama and accepted that it could sometimes be tiring, painful and difficult, it's about time I blogged about it. Even if I've only been breastfeeding for 1 month 3 weeks and 4 days, I already feel very fulfilled - our daughter is getting stronger by the day because I nourish her.

It's great how young parents today are preferring practices such as breastfeeding, baby wearing and many other things that aren't necessarily modern when it comes to child rearing. There seems to be a going-back-to-basics revolution among young parents - especially among young moms. It's also good to note that hospitals are backing up this revolution - the department of health has stressed the importance of rooming-in within 4 hours from the baby's birth to promote bonding between the mom and baby and to establish breastfeeding early on.


I guess I could say that after the many tears I've shed at the start, I am now enjoying breastfeeding our daughter. Anything that will make her healthy and anything that draws her closer to me, makes me happy.



So if you're a mom-to-be, breastfeeding is the way to go. Why? Well according to the Internet,



Photo credits: www.lactivist.co.uk and www.supersoft-solutions.com

No comments:

Post a Comment